The AAWCC Board of Directors takes pride in honoring outstanding women leaders and model programs from across the nation at the Awards Breakfast each year. Our awards for outstanding women include the Of the Year, 40 Under 40, and the Model Programs Awards.
Award winners are recognized each year at the AAWCC Breakfast at the AACC Annual Convention. The application/nomination period and deadlines for each of the awards will be announced online.
Of the Year Awards
There are many people who deserve recognition for their outstanding efforts on behalf of women! Now is your chance to honor them by nominating one of them for an AAWCC National award.
AAWCC Of the Year Awards are:
• The Carolyn Desjardins CEO Award for Outstanding Service and Support to AAWCC
• The Mildred Bulpitt Woman of the Year Award
• The Trustee of the Year Award
40 Under 40 Awards
Do you know a young woman under the age of 40 making a difference on a community college campus? Are you, or someone you know, a game-changer at your institution? The AAWCC 40 Under 40 award program recognizes women under 40 who are "movers and shakers" at a community college. You may nominate yourself or someone else.
AAWCC will review each nomination. To stand out, please be accurate, brief, and convincing. We are looking for a personal description (not to exceed 300 words) that describes the nominee's accomplishments and impact. You will also have the opportunity to provide a brief statement of 150 words or less containing relevant community college information that supports the nomination. A head shot of the nominee will be requested if she is selected. Previously named AAWCC 40 under 40 recipients are ineligible for this year’s recognition.
Each member of the AAWCC 40 Under 40 class will receive an award that will be presented at the Awards Breakfast and will also be featured on the AAWCC website.
Model Program Awards
Many exciting and effective programs in community colleges address the needs of women. Some of these outstanding programs are recognized through the annual Model Programs Award process.
In order to have your program considered, please follow these instructions:
• Complete the Model Program Awards Application, which is available online.
• Include a statement signed by the college’s CEO authorizing AAWCC to publicize information about the applicant’s model program in its publications and other appropriate publications for use by AAWCC members and chapters.
• Provide published materials and documents that support the application and/or describe the model program, including brochures, newsletters, flyers, etc.
• All application materials will be prepared using either Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Adobe software.
• All application materials must be submitted by the due date to the Model Programs Award Committee Chair.