The American Association for Women in Community Colleges is the leading national organization that champions women and maximizes their potential.
2017 Award Nominations - Deadline February 17
2017 Scholarships Announced - Deadline February 17
2017 40 Under 40 Award Nominations - Deadline February 17
AAWCC National Board Election Nominations - Deadline March 3
Find us on Facebook
2017 AAWCC AWARDS
The AAWCC Board of Directors takes pride in honoring outstanding women leaders and model programs from across the nation at the Awards Breakfast each year. Our awards for outstanding women include the Of the Year Awards and the 40 Under 40 Award. Model Programs
Award winners will be recognized at the AAWCC Breakfast at the AACC Annual Convention in New Orleans, Louisiana, April 24, 2017.
Of the Year Awards
There are many people who deserve recognition for their outstanding efforts on behalf of women! Now is your chance to honor them by nominating one of them for an AAWCC National award. Nominations are now being accepted for the following AAWCC awards:
• The AAWCC 2015 Carolyn Desjardins CEO Award for Outstanding Service and Support to AAWCC
• The AAWCC 2015 Mildred Bulpitt Woman of the Year Award
• The AAWCC 2015 Trustee of the Year Award
Of the Year Nomination Form is due no later than February 17, 2017.
Model Program Awards
Many exciting and effective programs in community colleges address the needs of women. Some of these outstanding programs are recognized through the annual Model Programs Award process. In order to have your program considered, please follow these instructions:
• Complete the Model Program Awards Application (limited to a maximum of 10 pages or less)
• Include a statement signed by the college’s CEO authorizing AAWCC to publicize information about the applicant’s model program in its publications and other appropriate publications for use by AAWCC members and chapters.
• Provide published materials and documents that support the application and/or describe the model program, including brochures, newsletters, flyers, etc.
• All application materials will be prepared using either Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Adobe software.
• All application materials must be submitted on or before February 17, 2017 to Dawn DeWolf, the Model Programs Award Committee Chair, via email at email@example.com, or via fax at 541-463-4170. No applications will be accepted via postal mail.
Model Program Award winners for 2015-2016 (programs held between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016) will be notified on or before March 3, 2017.
If you have questions about your application or need more information, contact:
Dawn DeWolf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Model Program Award Application is due no later than February 17, 2017.